Sunday, April 18, 2010

Never Ending Sending

I began painting what I thought would be "Surrender." Forming the dove like shape, I stepped back and realized it must be flying downward. It easily embraced the world. The continents forming under my brush resembled a couple. I firmed them up, forming the Lord over the Spirit. I assumed He was embracing the world as was the dove and I was having great difficulty making His hands go downward. I stepped back again and rejoiced, knowing He was facing upward in an attitude of surrender.

The Father sends the Son, the Son sends the Spirit and the Spirit sends us out into the world.

This was painted to live praise and worship music at Vista Christian Fellowship. The outcome was a surprise to us all.

VCF is....
www.worshipinvista.com

1 comment:

  1. I love this one!
    You can truly feel the Holy Spirit released as Christ surrenders for our sins~ Our Saviour~ It is finished! Now all we have to do is surrender to Him.
    I was there while you painted this beautiful piece and am awestruk by His beauty.~m

    ReplyDelete